Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Day 14 - " Time is Changing"

Exodus 6
" The Times They Are A-Changing" 


The Israelite's are about to face some real tough times, as Moses and Aaron approach the Pharaoh to allow them to conduct the sacrifices in the desert 3 days distance away from their settlement.
The Pharaoh did not consent to this, as he did not know who God was.
Instead he only increased the level of harassment for the Israelite's.
So they complained to Moses and Moses in turn complained to God.
But God having heard the cries of His people, wanted to help them out of their misery and expected Moses to believe that and convey the same to his people

God works in our lives too, but sometimes we are not too sure about it.

Phil 1:4 says ‘For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.’

God does not have to depend upon His creation to fulfill His works, but it is the creation that depends upon God to get their work done.

Verse 6 :
“Therefore, say to the Israelites: `I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. ... I am the LORD.”
Note how many times does the Lord says, “I am the Lord”

V 6 to 8, God re-reiterates
 7 things that  “ I will ”

7 things lets list it down:-

1 I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians
2 I will free you from being slaves to them
3 I will redeem you with an outstretched arm
4 I will take you as my own people
5 I will be your God
6 I will bring you to the land I swore
7 I will give it to you as a possession

If you look carefully at the above promises, they are for us as well. If you have accepted Christ Jesus as your Savior, then my dear brothers and sisters, Jesus has given us these 7 promises as well and He is more than capable to bring it to pass. 

The Promised Land of Canaan represents the spiritual land(not essentially Heaven) for all of us in Christ, He wants us to be partakers of this spiritual journey but He also expects us to walk spiritually to experience these spiritual Gifts that God has promised us.

Ephesians 4:1 “As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received”
We have heard of many beggars who has lakhs of money in their accounts havent we, but still continue  to live in absolute misery and beg all their lives. We can compare this to a lot of Christians who live as paupers by not utilizing the spiritual gifts bestowed upon us by God and therefore not experiencing the spiritual blessings ordained for us.

Beloved in Christ, sometimes certain setbacks in life creates a lot of self doubts within us just like Moses experienced. Many occasions we feel the situation is beyond us, not trusting on Gods calling because we get overwhelmed by it. Moses too went through this.
But when we look towards God in prayer and trust His calling, we will be able to lead a victorious life!

God Bless you
------------------------
Like, Share and comment
Bro. Joshua, 
Follow for more updates
Instagram #jodevotional


No comments:

Post a Comment